The Science Gym, in partnership with POUND – Rockout. Workout, will host the world’s first cardio jam session paired with the energizing and sweat-dripping fun of playing drums. POUND®, the official brand name of the event, debuts on March 4, 2022, in Cairo.
World’s First Cardio Jam Session in Cairo
POUND® is the first cardio jam session inspired by the movements of playing drums. Using Ripstix®, a set of lightweight drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND® transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
The overall full-body workout combines cardio, conditioning, and strength training with yoga and Pilates-inspired movements. With these offerings, POUND® will definitely be a jam-packed workout, so the organizers will offer an 8-hour training session covering the following activities:
- Warm up with an electric master class led by ICON
- Discover the secrets and the science behind POUND’s results-based formula and how to construct a class for all ages and stages
- Sweat, sculpt, and rock as instructors break down choreography, techniques, and key teaching concepts
- Get an inside look at The Label, an exclusive online instructor portal with ongoing choreography and everything participants need to launch and prompt classes
- Join the band and connect with the POUND Pro Family–a global community supporting each other and making noise around the world
Timing and Location
POUND® will make its debut on March 4 at The Science Gym, located at Rivulet Twin Towers Giza. The venue is Egypt’s first sports performance fitness center that provides a unique, scientific perspective and experience to clients in the fitness industry. The Science Gym will open its doors for POUND® participants starting at 8:30 AM. Training begins at 9:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM.
The registration for POUND® is open online. Head to this link to register, read the terms and conditions, and confirm payment. The registration fee starts at $259.00 USD (4,077 EGP), and it already includes the following perks:
- The official POUND Pro Training Guide
- 6 complete tracks of choreography
- One month FREE access to The Label, an online instructor network
- Certificate of completion
- A set of Ripstix®
About the Organizer
POUND® is a fitness community created in 2011 by two women who were both recreational drummers and former college athletes. The community is now led by over 25,000 instructors in 100+ countries, guiding hundreds of thousands of participants a week and making an active, supportive, and passionate community.
Friday, March 4, 2022