Thru Hike Autumn 2022
The Sinai Trail Team is getting ready to welcome the world back for its first full thru hike since the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Thru Hike Autumn 2022 returns this October and offers a 4-part thru hike with varying difficulty levels.
4-Part Autumn Hike
The Sinai Trail is divided into four separate parts. For Thru Hike Autumn 2022, the team and the participants will walk through the whole trail: parts 1, 2, and 4 are 12 days each, and part 3 for 14 days.
- Part 1 runs from Ras Shetan on the Gulf of Aqaba coast to Ein Kidd, where there is a beautiful oasis with palms and thickets of bamboo. This section will be guided by the Tarabin, Muzeina, and Jebeleya tribes.
- In Part 2, the route continues from Ein Kidd to the highlands of St. Katherine.
- Part 3 runs from St. Katherine to Serabit el Khadem via some of the Sinai’s most remote wadis and mountains, with the Jebeleya, Awlad Said, Gararsha, Hamada, Sowalha, and Alegat tribes.
- Part 4 is a Gulf to Gulf route from the inland deserts of the Gulf of Suez coast to Ras Shetan on the Gulf of Aqaba.
Timing and Location
Thru Hike Autumn 2022 will run from October 23 to November 16. Each part has a different date and duration. The entire journey will explore the accessible parts of the Sinai Trail. The entirety of the trail starts explicitly in Nuweiba and ends at St. Katherine, a city in South Sinai.
The registration for Thru Hike Autumn 2022 is open online. But to be accepted, it’s important that you are physically fit, active, and healthy. Message email@example.com to join, answer the questions below and refer to the breakdown of prices.
Q&As to be attached to the email
- Name and Family Name
- Which part would you like to join?
- Nationality and Date of Birth
- Mobile number (+ WhatsApp, if possible)
- Place of residence
- Facebook profile (if any)
- How physically fit do you think you are on a scale of 1-5 (with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest).
- Hiking experience. Tell the team about your existing hiking experience.
- How often do you exercise or play sports?
- What weight class best describes you from the following: 1. 60-70kg 2. 70-80kg 3. 80-90kg 4. 90-100kg 5. 100-120kg 6. 120kg +
- Do you have any health conditions that could be relevant on a long remote mountain hike?
- Why do you want to hike the Sinai Trail?
- What is your COVID 19 vaccination status?
- Are you willing to take a COVID 19 test in the 24/48 hours before the hike?
For non-Egyptian in Egypt
- PART 1, PART 2, PART 4: 28,000 EGP each
- PART 3: 31,000EGP.
For Egyptian Citizen or non-Egyptian in Egypt with official residency or work permit
- PART 1, PART 2, PART 4: 17,200 EGP each
- PART 3: 19,500 EGP each
About the Organizer
The Sinai Trail Team is the community organization promoting, maintaining, and handling the Sinai Trail. The hiking team is 100% Bedouin, composed of eight various tribes, including the Awlad Said, Garasha, Sowalha, Hamada, and Alegat. The organization carries a wider Sinai Trail Team that includes men and women from across mainland Egypt and Europe, who add extra skills and strengthen the project in key areas.
For more information about the Sinai Trail: Leopard’s Rock 2022, head to Sinai Trail’s official website and social media pages on Facebook and Instagram. Alternatively, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.